well hello there! after four months of travelling (guys, sydney is the place to be!) i’m finally back home and thus back to a healthy lifestyle and my beloved food blog! truth to be told, coming home is an exciting but also quite hard thing to do and i’m so glad that cooking and being creative in the kitchen seems to really help me to settle back into my “old” life. so, since summer & bbq season has finally arrived i decided to whip up a delicious, healthy treat for tonight’s family dinner and if guys are craving a slice of pure yumminess, i’d strongly advise you to give this vegan mediterranean focaccia a try, asap!
- 500g flour of your choice (i used whole wheat but buckwheat, chickpea or spelt flour would work just fine as well!)
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 20g yeast
those are the ingredients for the basic dough but feel free to add any extras, such as nuts, herbs, seeds or superfoods, you’d like (i chopped some fresh rosemary to give it a nice flavour)!
- in a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. add the olive oil as well as the water and kneat the mixture till a smooth dough forms. you might want to add more water if the dough is too dry and more flour if it’s too moist.
- cover the dough with a fresh towel and let it sit for about one hour.
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- prepare the toppings you’d like for your focaccia. i absolutely love the combination of fresh rosemary, onions, olive oil and salt & pepper but you can use pretty much anything you like! tomatoes, olives, cheese, bacon, different vegetables or even fresh pear; there are so many great combos!
- roll out the dough, place it on the baking tray and add the toppings to your focaccia. bake it for about half an hour, take it out of the oven and let cool completely or serve your focaccia when it’s still warm. enjoy!